Even with all the responsibilities of parenthood, there are places we need to go, errands we need to do, and people we need to see. So what choice do we have to make sure we fulfil everything we need to do without leaving our babies unattended? We bring them along, of course!
As a parent, you will find that taking your baby with you on drives and errands is something you can’t avoid. That’s why it’s essential that you have a safe place for her to sit while you’re hands are on the steering wheel. An infant carseat is a comfortable, secure, and smart way to bring your baby along without having to constantly check on her as you drive.
Now the only question is – what is the best infant carseat on the market? We round up the cream of the crop with this comprehensive list.
|Chicco Keyfit Infant Car Seat and Base with Car Seat, Lilla||$199.99 from $143.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat, Harvest Moon||$169.99 from $119.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Car Seat, Raleigh||$84.55 $80.41||Buy on Amazon|
The Number One Best Infant Carseat on the Market
- The easiest infant car seat to install
- No.1 rated infant car seat in America
- 5-point harness adjusts with one hand
- Full body inserts for newborns 4-11 pound to protect smaller babies
- Spring-assisted level foot, bubble levels, and ''Center-Pull'' adjustment for easiest installation
Being the top choice for a lot of parents who want nothing but the best, the Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Carseat and Base has been ranked the number one carseat in America. But that’s more than just a fancy title – this carseat brings a lot to the table.
The first and most sought-after quality that it offers parents is, of course, its safety features. Equipped with a 5-point harness that can be easily adjusted with a single hand, parents can safely and easily get their baby comfortable and secure in the seat even when they’ve only got one free hand. For most parents, this is a common occurrence, especially when there isn’t anyone around to hold your baby for you while you get their seat ready.
The Chicco Keyfit 30 also comes with a number of different features that make it easier to install, including the ReclineSure which guarantees optimal fit in a wide range of vehicles, the RideRight bubble level indicator for proper seat angling, and the SuperCinch which tightly secures the base to your seat with minimal effort.
Aside from all of these convenient features, the Keyfit 30 also promises to keep your baby comfortable all throughout the drive. Accommodating babies up to 30 pounds in weight, you can be sure to enjoy this carseat’s benefits well into your little one’s toddler years.
Pros of the Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Carseat and Base
- Straightforward installation makes it easier for parents to get the seat ready with the use of just one hand.
- ReclineSure and RideRight make it possible for the seat to be installed properly and safely in a wide variety of vehicle interiors.
- Comfortable, ample padded seat make it a comfortable place for baby to stay even during the bumpiest of drives.
- Seat can be used for babies up to 30 pounds in weight, allowing parents to benefit from the seat well into their kid’s toddlerhood.
Cons of the Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Carseat and Base
- A bit on the heavier side which can make it a bit of a struggle for smaller parents to carry around.
The Second Best Infant Carseat
Graco, much like Chicco, is one of the most popular baby and toddler products manufacturers on the market. They mostly specialize in cribs, high chairs, walkers, and carseats, however they also have numerous baby essentials like bottles and clothes.
Their SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Carseat has commonly been considered one of the best infant carseats on the market, making it a close contender for first place. This durable seat was designed with convenience and safety in mind, making it both an easy choice for parents and a comfortable choice for babies.
The seat features an ultra lightweight body that makes it impressively easy to carry around and use, even for smaller parents. Despite its weight, it’s also significantly robust, accommodating small toddlers up to 35 pounds in weight. The fabric covering the seat is also conveniently machine washable so you can easily get rid of stains to keep your seat in prime condition without the hassle.
Another great reason why parents have fallen in love with this carseat is that it’s compatible with all Graco Click Connect Strollers. This means you can take your carseat and attach it to a Graco stroller frame for an easy travel system.
Pros of the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Carseat
- All in one carseat that can easily convert to a stroller with the compatible Graco stroller frame.
- Accommodates much larger children so you can enjoy its benefits even into your child’s late toddler years.
- Click Connect feature allows for a seamless, simple, and straightforward installation process that doesn’t require too much effort or time.
- Compared to other carseats, it’s a little on the cheaper side, making it a budget friendly choice that doesn’t max out your wallet.
Cons of the Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Carseat
- Despite its lightweight frame and build, this carseat is relatively bulkier compared to others in the same segment.
Our Third Pick for the Best Infant Carseat
Do you find yourself having to drive on bumpy roads more often than you prefer? Sure, it might not be a problem if you were on your own, but with a baby in the car, you might experience the need to go extra slow so as not to cause any injuries to your little one.
Understanding how important it is for parents to give their babies the safest possible environment, the Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Carseat was designed to provide security and safety that meets the highest of standards.
This carseat is one of few that feature a SafeCell Impact design that keeps your baby’s head and body in the safest possible position throughout your trip. The extra padding prevents any injuries to the baby’s fragile head, and makes sure to dampen any impact that you might experience as you drive on a bumpy road.
The design is particularly effective at absorbing shock to make sure your baby can enjoy a bump-free ride no matter how rocky the road might be. This makes it a premium choice for parents who want to use their carseat for smaller, younger infants that require more cradling comfort.
Pros of the Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Carseat
- Extra safe design makes sure your baby is kept from disturbing, potentially injurious bumps and movements as you drive.
- The extra padded cushions provide a comfortable environment for baby to sit, mimicking mom’s embrace.
- Lightweight frame and body make it easy to install and carry for small parents.
- Relatively sleeker design compared to other options frees up more space in the backseat for other items and bags.
Cons of the Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Carseat
- Covers and fabrics are not machine washable, so maintenance and upkeep can be tedious.
The Fourth Best Infant Carseat on the Market
- BUILT TO GROW: The 3-in-1 car seat built to GROW for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: The Grow and Go's side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- EASY IN, EASY OUT: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it's easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- QUICKFIT HARNESS: With the QuickFit Harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- WASH AND DRY: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; no fuss for truly easy cleaning
Your child will use a carseat for much longer than just her infancy. In fact, most kids use infant carseats well into their late childhood, with lots of parents still strapping 7 year olds into carseats just to keep them extra safe.
Taking that into account, buying an infant carseat instantly becomes an investment, especially if you buy one that can grow with your child. This is especially true if you consider how fast babies can grow. If you buy a seat that can’t accommodate the size changes, then you might just find yourself buying a new model every year.
That’s why the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Carseat managed to make it to the fourth place on the list. This highly versatile seat can grow with your child, converting easily to a forward facing carseat that can safely accommodate a child that’s 100 pounds in weight.
Of course, this carseat features all the fancy safety and security bells and whistles that others offer such as side impact protection for extra head safety, secure harness holders, and a sturdy locking mechanism that keeps the seat in place all throughout your trip.
Pros of the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Carseat
- Easily accommodates bigger children, serving the purpose of an all-around carseat to make sure you don’t have to buy any replacements.
- Converts from an infant carseat, to a toddler carseat, and to booster mode for children up to 100 pounds.
- Spacious and comfortable, the design doesn’t constrict your baby and provides ample space for movement.
Cons of the Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Carseat
- Some might find that the carseat is too large, especially for smaller infants that need a tighter, more secure space to sit in during movement.
The Best Affordable Infant Carseat
- 4-35 pound harness rating nationally recognized by safety advocates for low birth weight babies
- 25% lighter than comparable infant car seats light weight for mom; same protection for baby
- Adjustable auto base includes central pendulum level indicator to ensure a proper recline
- 3 shoulder harness positions for better fit and longer use
- Separate stay-in-car base allows for easy transfer from home to car
If you’re on the market for a carseat that will give you all the best functionality without weighing too much on your wallet, the Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Carseat is your best bet. This budget friendly carseat closely competes with all the other options on the list, but still makes itself available to you at a very reasonable price.
The carseat combines comfort, ease, and safety, to give you a premium travel solution that will guarantee your satisfaction. The lightweight design makes it easy to carry around, install, and remove from your car, even when you have a rowdy baby in your arms.
The seat can carry a small toddler up to 35 pounds, and comes with several convenient features such as cup holders, a secure harness system, and an easy one-handed usage system that makes installation fast and problem-free.
Pros of the Evenlfo Embrace LX Infant Carseat
- Affordable, being one of the most wallet-friendly options on the market. Perfect for parents working on a budget.
- Lightweight frame and build makes it super convenient to carry around and install.
- Materials are easy to clean, with the structure made of plastic and the fabrics made of machine washable materials.
Cons of the Evenflo Embrace LX Infant Carseat
- Build might feel a little on the cheap side for some parents who want something that feels sturdier.
Buying Information for Infant Carseats
Sure, all of the available carseats might look like great choices up front. But once you start to uncover just how different each design is, it might become difficult to make the best choice. Wondering how to select the best infant carseat for your needs? Keep these factors in mind.
- Size Accommodation – Babies can grow up very quickly, so if you choose a carseat, it would be in your best interest to make sure you buy one that can accommodate a growing child.
By choosing a carseat that can accommodate a larger toddler, you won’t have to worry about buying a replacement when they outgrow your first purchase. This makes our carseat an investment that you can enjoy and benefit from for many years in the future.
That said, when choosing a larger infant carseat, also consider if it can accommodate a small infant, especially if you plan to use it from birth. Some carseats can be too large to comfortably and safely hold a small infant, and that can be a major safety risk.
- Sanitation – Babies can make a mess, especially if they’re free to feed and play while seated in their carseat. A carseat that’s easy to clean such as those with machine washable fabrics, cushions, and padding can make it very easy to maintain and sanitize.
Most carseats also use plastic or metal frames that can be easily wiped down with a clean cloth to achieve that brand new look and feel without effort or hassle.
- Convertible – A carseat can do much more than just give your baby a safe place to sit in your vehicle. If you choose the right one, you can easily enjoy the comfort and convenience of being able to take your carseat and convert it into a fully functional stroller that makes transport so much easier.
Some carseats can also turn into booster seats, which can be particularly useful if you’re planning to enjoy a meal out with your family
Choosing an infant carseat can be troubling, but by understanding your options and your needs, you can easily choose a product that will satisfy both you and your baby’s needs.
So if you find yourself on the market for the best infant carseat, be sure to check out these premium choices to help guide you during your search!
Shared under Creative Commons – https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
Bradley Gordon – https://flic.kr/p/auZyQP
Sean Freese – https://flic.kr/p/byCdD1