It’s commonly accepted knowledge that men tend to sweat – and therefore smell – worse than women. That’s why when deodorants were first introduced into the market, they were mostly aimed at men who were believed to be the only ones to need the benefits of deo. These days however, it’s recognized that men aren’t the only ones who have a tendency to sweat and smell – women are prone to the same issue, although to a lesser degree.
Because men’s deodorants tend to be stronger and smell too masculine, deodorants for women have earned their own spot on grocery store shelves. These deodorants are much milder, smell lighter, and have less sweat-fighting ingredients because women aren’t wired to sweat as much as men.
Of course, each women’s deodorant is made to provide you the best possible protection and freshness, but there are some that just perform better than others. Discover the best of the best deodorants for women and make the right choice for yourself by checking out this product round-up.
|Nivea for Women Deodorant Roll On 1.69 oz – 3 Pack (Double Effect)|
|Mitchum Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant for Women, Power Gel, Powder Fresh, 3.4 oz (96 g) (Pack of 4)|
|Freedom All Natural Deodorant Aluminum Free Odor Protection Tested & Loved by Cancer Survivors, Busy…|
|Secret Original Shower Fresh Scent Women’s Invisible Solid pH Balanced Antiperspirant and Deodorant…|
The Very Best Deodorant for Women
Degree is the leading brand in deodorants and antiperspirants, marketed across the globe as the brand with the safest and most reliable formulations. For anyone buying deodorant or antiperspirant, Degree is commonly the first brand that comes to mind. But aside from being popular and widespread, Degree definitely gets the job done which is why it’s the rated the best deodorant for women.
Among their different formulations for women, the Degree for Women UltraClear Antiperspirant Deodorant is definitely the top pick. This mild scented deo has a shower fresh fragrance that keeps you smelling clean all day long. The formula also features a unique Motionsense technology that strengthens the scent of the fragrance as you move and sweat. This gives you greater protection and benefits especially when you need it most.
Another great reason to try the Degree for Women UltraClear Antiperspirant Deodorant is the fact that it’s developed to keep clothes clean and stain-free, which is particularly beneficial if you prefer wearing white or black often.
Pros of the Degree UltraClear Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women
- Mild fragrance is soothing and pleasant, ideal for maintaining a clean fragrance all day long.
- No-stain formula guarantees clothes of all colors won’t be damaged or discolored by the deodorant.
- Motionsense doubles defenses and keeps you smelling and feeling clean and sweat free the more you move.
- Provides 48 hour protection against sweat and body odor for long lasting protection.
Cons of the Degree UltraClear Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women
- A little more expensive than other deodorants on the market.
- Takes a while to dry after application.
Our Second Pick for the Best Deodorant for Women
Nivea for Women Deodorant Roll On 1.69 oz – 3 Pack (Double Effect)
- 48h reliable antiperspirant protection
- Without alcohol or colourants
- Skin tolerance dermatologically proven
- Makes the skin soft. Without alcohol or colourants
Nivea is another popular brand in the market, best known for their skincare products. The brand boasts a wide range of lotions, creams, and other products that help smoothen skin, remove blemishes, and preserve users’ youthful glow. Aside from their skincare products, Nivea has also released some highly effective antiperspirant deodorants for women that have received great reviews from lots of consumers.
The Nivea Antiperspirant Double Effect Roll On Deodorant is their best deodorant yet, combining two great benefits into one effective, safe, and reliable product. This double effect deo works for up to 48 hours, keeping you feeling sweat free and fresh no matter what activities you engage in. But what truly sets it apart from other options is the fact that it also incorporates an effective skin smoothening property that helps nourish skin and make it look clear and feel soft for the ultimate confidence.
The deodorant has a very light and pleasant scent that doesn’t overpower the senses. This gives a very subtle freshness throughout the day, instead of highly fragranced deodorant formulations that can cause irritation and even headaches for some individuals.
Pros of the Nivea Antiperspirant Double Effect Roll On Deodorant
- Subtle, clean fragrance doesn’t overpower the senses or cause skin irritation.
- Powerful antiperspirant properties guarantee 48 hour dryness for complete confidence.
- Special smoothening formulation helps to nourish skin to make it look and feel silky smooth.
Cons of the Nivea Antiperspirant Double Effect Roll On Deodorant
- Liquid formula takes a while to dry after application which can be tedious for some users.
The Third Best Deodorant for Women
Mitchum Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant for Women, Power Gel, Powder Fresh, 3.4 oz (96 g) (Pack of 4)
- Pack of four, 3.4-ounce per pack (total of 13.6-ounces)
- Quick-drying gel formula leaves no trace of messy white residue on you or your clothes
- Clinically proven to provide effective wetness protection all day long
While it isn’t quite as popular as other deodorant brands, the Mitchum Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women has gained a significant number of good reviews from people who were lucky enough to find it. The brand has been around for over 40 years, and was initially released by Revlon in the 1970’s. Since then, they’ve come up with countless deodorant formulations that have earned the trust of a vast number of happy consumers.
What sets the Mitchum Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women apart from other options is that it comes in the form of a gel. The thick formula requires nothing more than a single swipe to provide you full coverage and protection. This allows the deodorant to last longer so you don’t have to keep buying new sticks too frequently. Another great thing about this Mitchum deodorant is that it dries almost instantly after application. This way, users won’t have to wait for the deo to dry before they can get dressed and get out the door.
Offering 48 hour protection against sweat and providing a clean powder fresh scent that doesn’t overpower the senses, the Mitchum Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women is another great pick that you should definitely give a try.
Pros of the Mitchum Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women
- Gel formula makes it an economical choice, making each stick last longer than other formulations on the market.
- Instant dry formulation eliminates the need to wait for the gel to dry before wearing any clothes over the area.
- No sticky, slimy or uncomfortable feeling of moisture as the gel dries completely, unlike other gel deodorants.
- Doesn’t stain white or black clothes.
Cons of the Mitchum Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women
- Some might find that the packaging has too many holes, causing more product to flow out than necessary.
Out Fourth Pick for the Best Deodorant for Women
Freedom All Natural Deodorant Aluminum Free Odor Protection Tested & Loved by Cancer Survivors, Busy Execs, Military Personnel, Athletes, Healthy Moms & Kids – Lavender Citrus 1.7 oz.
- TOP RATED: 4.9/5 from everyday customers just like you. Made with all natural ingredients, Freedom Deodorant is always chemical-free, aluminum-free, and paraben-free so you can feel good about using it on your entire family! (New Natural users or those with sensitive skin should start with Freedom’s Sensitive Unscented formula)
- LASTS LONGER: Freedom Deodorant is subtle, yet so effective you won’t need to reapply during your busy day. Giving you all-day-long odor protection that doesn’t quit, while leaving you feeling fresh and clean, even in the most extreme of climates!
- TESTED: No other natural deodorant out there has been as thoroughly tested, (how does 100+ degree heat sound?) it still works! Breast cancer survivors, busy execs, military personnel, healthy moms and their kids…..even athletes are making the switch to all natural Freedom Deodorant, AND LOVING IT!
- SAFER: Because Freedom Deodorant is your go-to for all natural deodorant, your body can detoxify itself the natural, healthy way. No more gland clogging gunk!
- VARIETY: Freedom Deodorant comes in Stick or Body Spray (coming soon) form in 5 natural and healthy choices – Lavender Citrus, Bergamont Mint, Frankincense Peach, Sensitive Unscented, and NEW Amber. Or, try our 3 pack travel minis and get a .35oz. of each signature scent so you can pick your fav (normally $7 ea. per mini, buy the 3 pack and save)! These make fantastic gifts or stocking stuffers and are perfect for your car, desk, purse, diaper or gym bag!
The Freedom All Natural Deodorant was specifically formulated for women with sensitive skin. This chemical-free, aluminum-free, and paraben-free formulation provides safe and effective protection for individuals who have experienced irritation with other deodorant on the market.
Like other deodorants, the Freedom All Natural Deodorant also offers long lasting 48 hour protection against sweat and odor. It comes in a variety of mild, flowery scents guaranteed to give you a wide array of choices that suit your preferences. Although the formula isn’t an instant-dry kind, it doesn’t leave any sort of residual feeling which makes it very comfortable to use.
The mild formulation, natural scents, and all natural formulation definitely put this product as one of the best options available. Especially if you’ve had trouble finding the right deodorant that won’t irritate your skin or cause rashes.
Pros of the Freedom All Natural Deodorant
- No added, artificial ingredients, and 100% paraben, aluminum, and chemical free making it a premium choice for people with highly sensitive skin.
- Subtle floral scents keep it from overpowering the senses, which also helps prevent headaches and irritation.
- Doesn’t stain clothing and doesn’t leave any residue.
Cons of the Freedom All Natural Deodorant
- Doesn’t dry immediately after application.
- Some find the scent is too mild to make a difference.
The Cheapest Choice for the Best Deodorant for Women
Secret Original Shower Fresh Scent Women’s Invisible Solid pH Balanced Antiperspirant and Deodorant – 5.2 Oz Ea, Count of 2
- You will receive a Pack of 2 Secret Original Shower Fresh Scent Women’s Invisible Solid pH Balanced Antiperspirant and Deodorant, 2.6 Oz
- 24-hour, all-day protection
- Feel just-stepped-out-of-the-shower fresh all day long with this Shower Fresh scent
- Helps stop odor before it starts
- Strong enough for a woman
Among the most popular brands in the deodorant and antiperspirant market is Secret. This deodorant features a very pleasant shower fresh scent that keeps users feeling clean for up to 24 hours after application. The formula prevents odors and helps keep sweat at bay all throughout the day.
The Secret Original Shower Fresh Scent Antiperspirant Deodorant for Women offers effective pH-balanced protection which is ideal for maintaining the proper, healthy environment over the underarm skin. This ensures the prevention of irritation and rashes which commonly occurs with products that don’t keep pH a priority.
Offering superior protection, a pleasant day-long scent, and a reliable no-stain formula, the Secret Original Shower Fresh Scent Women’s Antiperspirant Deodorant is probably one of the best choices especially if you’re working on a budget.
Pros of the Secret Original Shower Fresh Scent Women’s Antiperspirant Deodorant
- More affordable than other options which makes it a great choice for buyers on a tight budget.
- Mild scent and pleasant fragrance keep you smelling clean and fresh for up to 24 hours.
- Almost instant dry after application which prevents the need to wait before you can get dressed.
Cons of the Secret Original Shower Fresh Scent Women’s Antiperspirant Deodorant
- The formula contains aluminum, which can be irritating for more sensitive skin types.
Buying Guide for Deodorant for Women
It’s easy to see that there are a lot of different options when it comes to women’s deodorant. The vast variety of options helps guarantee that you’ll find the perfect fit for your needs. However this can also pose a problem, especially in terms of choosing the right product for your needs.
If you’re confused with your options and you’re not quite sure which one you should choose, remember to keep these factors in mind to help you land not only an effective choice, but an appropriate one for your needs.
- Form– Women’s deodorants can come in a variety of forms, and depending on your preference, a specific type can suit you much better than others. The most common forms include liquid, stick, gel, and spray. Each one brings something unique to the table, and so it would be best to consider what you want out of your deodorant before you make a purchase.
Liquids commonly take the longest to dry, which can be an inconvenience for some users. A benefit of using liquid form deodorants however is that they’re much less likely to cause any residue or stickiness. The gels and sticks can leave behind significant residue, but often dry much faster for a seamless daily preparation process.
Sprays are the least effective when it comes to preventing sweat, however, they’re much more beneficial if you’re looking for something that can help prevent odors.
- Scent– The way a deodorant smells will greatly determine how well it works for you, so be sure to consider the scent of your chosen product before settling on a choice. There are a variety of different options to choose from, and most often, these include floral fragrances and shower fresh fragrances.
For people with sensitive skin, it might be best to choose a product that has minimal scent as these are often less likely to cause irritation. Nevertheless, some mild scented products can provide effective protection without causing skin problems. It all depends on how your skin reacts to your chosen product.
- All Natural Alternatives– If you have particularly sensitive skin or if you simply want to lessen your use of synthetic chemicals, you may want to check out some of the all natural alternatives available to you. These products are often stripped of a lot of the different ingredients found in other formulations, providing you straightforward protection that doesn’t risk irritation.
The only thing you need to remember if you’re choosing an all natural product is that they can be less effective in preventing sweat and odor compared to synthetic formulations.
Don’t let the sheer number of options confuse you. When it all comes right down to it, you should be looking for a product that provides you the best benefits without risking your own safety. If you want nothing but the best deodorant for women, be sure to check out the options listed here to narrow your choices and ease your search for an effective, reliable, and satisfying product for everyday use.